Semester Goals

This semester we set personal technology goals to help further integrate technology into our lives, or to “practice what we preach” inside of the classroom as well as outside of the classroom. The goals I set at the beginning of the semester were to further develop my LinkedIn profile, track my fitness data via MyFitnessPal, and look for an app that can help me be more organized or productive.

My LinkedIn profile did not grow as I originally intended. I did add a few new connections but found that many of the teachers I work with do not have LinkedIn accounts, obviously making it difficult to virtually connect with them. Though this was a goal of mine, I did get to do a lot of in-person networking with teachers and other staff this semester. In this situation, the use of LinkedIn would only be a substitution on the SAMR model of technology integration when it comes to networking within districts and buildings where I already have relationships. I will continue to try to expand my LinkedIn over time and as I move towards the start of my career.


The semester started off very strong with the tracking of my foods through MyFitnessPal, but ultimately I found the recording of all foods to be very time consuming, and homemade foods not being available in their database contracted my desire to save money by not eating out or prepackaged single serve foods. For those who are especially dedicated to losing weight, this app would still be beneficial. The ability to track macro-nutrients helps the user plan their nutrition for the day and track changes in food and how they reflect changes in energy level. Over the summer when I work less, I will try to re-pick up this habit.



Finally, I found the most success with looking for ways that technology could help me become more organized. My best victory over the semester has been using my Google Calendar to track all my time obligations with school, work, and personal engagements. I use and look at my calendar every day! I want to run a Google centered classroom so the more I can utilize Google technologies the better. This tool has helped me substantially over the semester with my time management.




Comments

  1. What an accomplishment!!!! Thanks for all your hard works!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment